ImaginAb Inc. is biotechnology company focused on developing radiopharmaceutical imaging and therapy agents. ImaginAb engineers antibody fragments called minibodies that maintain the exquisite specificity of full-length antibodies while remaining biologically inert in the body. Used with widely available PET imaging technology, these novel minibodies illuminate high-value molecular targets, providing physicians with a whole-body picture of immune activity. ImaginAb is advancing a pipeline of minibodies against oncology and immunology targets including the CD8 ImmunoPET targeting CD8 cells. ImaginAb’s products have the potential to improve patient care and lower healthcare costs.
You will participate as a key member of the ImaginAb Research Team by taking responsibility for running conjugations experiments and radiolabeling of antibody fragments and perform all necessary characterizations. Optimize new conjugations and analytical QCs for novel projects. Draft technical reports and SOPs, and support transfer of such processes to external collaborators. This position is part of a cross functional team and support different activities such as, conjugation and radiolabeling for in-vivo experiments, and conjugation process development. This position is office-based in our facilities in Inglewood, CA.
- Preparation of protein / small molecule conjugates, such as antibodies, minibodies or cysdiabodies, with metal chelators or fluorescence dyes.
- Radiolabeling with radioisotopes for imaging and radiotherapy.
- Conjugation process development to support scale-up production and manufacturing development.
- Hands-on experience handling radioactive samples, and knowledge of radiation safety regulations
- Conjugation process improvement for identification of novel chelators.
- Preparation and testing of other chemistry related reagents and solutions.
- Characterization and QC of antibody conjugates including SE-HPLC, RP-HPLC, icIEF, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, ELISA, flow cytometry.
- Writing batch records, SOPs, and technical development reports.
- Presentation of work at internal meeting.
- Assist with process transfers to CMOs or external partners.
- Document and data management.
- Contribute to drafting publications and posters as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned in furtherance of position goals
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of industrial experience in small biotech or pharma company, or bachelor’s degree in biochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in industry.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve problems and undertake proper corrective steps.
- Demonstrated superior communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills.
- Proactive work ethic and attention to details.
- Commitment to a rigorous data documentation and data recording.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Work independently with minimal supervision, but also flexible to accept external inputs and comfortable working in a small team
Physical and Mental Requirements / Work Environment:
- The mental and physical demands, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods in an indoor office environment.
- Must be able to access and navigate throughout various offices.
- Communicating with others to exchange information and perform duties: talking/hearing/writing/typing
- Ability to read materials in paper format and on a computer screen
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural materials.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Low to Moderate noise levels consistent with an office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. ImaginAb offers a generous health benefits subsidy, 401(k), Employee Assistance Plan, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays and time off.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in exploring this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to ImaginAbHR@everybizhr.com
The search is being conducted by ImaginAb’s external HR consultants.
ImaginAb is an equal opportunity employer. ImaginAb is currently unable to facilitate visas or work permists for non-US citizen/resident applicants at this time. All expressions of interest are considered in confidentiality. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.