ImaginAb Inc. is biotechnology company focused on developing radiopharmaceutical imaging and therapy agents. ImaginAb engineers antibody fragments called minibodies that maintain the exquisite specificity of full-length antibodies while remaining biologically inert in the body. Used with widely available PET imaging technology, these novel minibodies illuminate high-value molecular targets, providing physicians with a whole-body picture of immune activity. ImaginAb is advancing a pipeline of minibodies against oncology and immunology targets including the CD8 ImmunoPET targeting CD8 cells. ImaginAb’s products have the potential to improve patient care and lower healthcare costs.
Reporting to the Director of Research, the ideal candidate will assume responsibility for designing and executing in-vivo studies in small rodents to advance our research and development programs. In this position, the candidate will also be responsible for all operational aspects of the animal facility. We are seeking a motivated team player, able to wear multiple hats while working in a fast-paced, small biotech committed to discover the next generation of antibody-based radiotherapeutics. This position is office-based in our facilities in Inglewood, CA. This is a lab position.
- Perform surgery and establish disease models in small rodents and execute tumor killing, biodistribution, and ADME experiments with radioactive antibody fragments; proven hands-on in-vivo animal experience with murine models is mandatory
- Maintain the animal facility in compliance with local and federal regulations
- Perform experiments of biodistribution and autoradiography. Generate tumor samples for immunohistochemistry
- Design and conduct murine toxicology studies, in-vivo drug metabolism, and histopathological assessment of relevant organs
- Independently design study protocols, write SOPs and Technical Reports
- Act as Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
- Hands-on experience handling radioactive samples, and knowledge of radiation safety regulations
- Additional experience with multicolor flow cytometry, mammalian cell culture, in-vitro cell-based assays (e. ELISPot, etc.), and immunohistochemistry are a plus
- Become part of the company IACUC and take leading role in managing the facility
- Other responsibilities as assigned in furtherance of position goals
Qualifications and skills:
- Sc./B.Sc., in biology, pharmacology, immunology or other cancer-related discipline, with 5+ years of experience, or Ph.D. degree with 3+ years of experience working with biologics in-vivo in small biotech or pharma company preferred
- Excellent communications skills are a must. The candidate must have clear communication skills orally and through written reports and presentations
- Ability to take responsibility for the radiation lab and maintain the facility in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve problems and undertake proper corrective steps
- Demonstrated superior communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills
- Proactive work ethic and attention to details
- Commitment to rigorous data documentation and data recording. Working in adherence with company SOPs and policies. Rigorous documentation of study protocols and results
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Work independently with minimal supervision, but also flexible to accept external inputs and comfortable working in a small team
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. ImaginAb offers a generous health benefits subsidy, 401(k), Employee Assistance Plan, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays and time off.
$5K RELOCATION STIPEND CAN BE PROVIDED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Physical and Mental Requirements / Work Environment:
- The mental and physical demands, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods in an indoor office environment.
- Must be able to access and navigate throughout various offices.
- Communicating with others to exchange information and perform duties: talking/hearing/writing/typing
- Ability to read materials in paper format and on a computer screen
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural materials.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Low to Moderate noise levels consistent with an office environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in exploring this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to ImaginAbHR@everybizhr.com
The search is being conducted by ImaginAb’s external HR consultants.
ImaginAb is an equal opportunity employer. ImaginAb is currently unable to facilitate work permits or visas for non-US citizen/resident applicants at this time. All expressions of interest are considered in confidentiality. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.