ImaginAb Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on developing radiopharmaceutical imaging and therapy agents. ImaginAb engineers antibody fragments called minibodies that maintain the exquisite specificity of full-length antibodies while remaining biologically inert in the body. Used with widely available PET imaging technology, these novel minibodies illuminate high-value molecular targets, providing physicians with a whole-body picture of immune activity. ImaginAb is advancing a pipeline of minibodies against oncology and immunology targets including the CD8 ImmunoPET targeting CD8 cells. ImaginAb’s products have the potential to improve patient care and lower healthcare costs.
The Manager/Director of Business Development is responsible for identifying, assessing, developing and closing deals with pharmaceutical and biotech companies interested in utilizing CD8 ImmunoPET as imaging agent for the clinical development of novel immunotherapies. Manager/Director, Business Development will also assist ImaginAb R&D with pipeline development, preclinical partnerships and investigator-sponsored clinical studies. In addition to tactical responsibilities, as directed the Manager/Director, Business Development may participate in the development of long-range strategic direction of ImaginAb business through pipeline development, market expansion, strategic collaborations and licensing agreements.
The Manager/Director of Business Development will be based in Boston, New York, or Philadelphia to pursue accounts in the region as well as internationally.
- Primary role is to identify and drive new deal opportunities to meet annual revenue targets.
- Identifies new deal opportunities through market research, conferences and personal networks.
- Utilizes and where appropriate oversees ImaginAb’s marketing solutions and consultants.
- Drives the deal process from first contact with potential clients to execution of agreements.
- Organizes and leads meetings and teleconferences, implements CDAs as needed.
- Manages interactions between ImaginAb’s technical teams and partner’s technical teams with a purpose of developing technical and financial elements of a deal.
- Develops deal concepts and structures and drafts term sheets and, as directed may negotiate definitive agreements.
- Works closely with ImaginAb’s legal, IP and finance to structure and execute transactions.
- As needed, independently and in collaboration with external consultants, works to provide market analyses (e.g., market research, business intelligence, competitive analysis, development plan, commercial forecast) to inform business decisions.
- As needed, presents business rationale, analyses and proposals to senior executives and interfaces with senior management to reach agreement.
- Develops an intimate understanding of PET imaging and the use of imaging in clinical oncology
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies, including a solid track record in identifying and evaluating deals, executing transactions and meeting sales targets.
- Science degree (BS, MS, PhD) is required, business or marketing degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior sales experience in a CRO organization is a plus but not required.
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development process is required.
- Strong awareness of budget cycles and approval processes in pharma and biotech
- Knowledge about clinical imaging or diagnostics is a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences and executives, world-wide.
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and ownership of work. Self-driven, results-oriented with a “can do” positive attitude.
- Deal sheet or history of sales achievements demonstrating leadership in identifying and closing deals, and growing revenue.
Physical and Mental Requirements / Work Environment:
- The mental and physical demands, and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods in an indoor home or office environment.
- Must be able to access and navigate throughout various buildings and airports; must be able to access and navigate vehicles, aircraft, and other modes of transportation.
- Communicating with others to exchange information and perform duties: talking/hearing/writing/typing
- Ability to read materials in paper format and on a computer screen
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and financial materials.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Low to occasionally high noise levels consistent with an office, outdoor, and airport/transportation environment.
Work and Travel:
- Remote work from home.
- Travel Requirement: 20% including occasional travel to ImaginAb’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. ImaginAb offers a generous health benefits subsidy, 401(k), Employee Assistance Plan, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays and time off.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in exploring this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to ImaginAbHR@everybizhr.com.
The search is being conducted by ImaginAb’s external HR consultants.
ImaginAb is an equal opportunity employer. ImaginAb is currently unable to facilitate visas for non-US citizen/resident applicants at this time. All expressions of interest are considered in confidentiality. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.